Galil publishes a free, quarterly newsletter full of the latest news and helpful information about new products and applications, as well as in-depth technical articles on motion control. Register now to receive your free copy via e-mail. For your pleasure and great information about Galil, feel free to browse through past issues of ServoTrends described below.
Galil’s recently released DMC-30000 Pocket Motion Controller Series offers higher performance, better power efficiency, smaller size, and a lower price than prior generation, single-axis controllers. A popular product in the series is the DMC-30012 which combines a single-axis motion controller and 800W brushed/brushless sine drive in a single, compact package. Now, Galil introduces another controller/drive package, the DMC-30017 which contains a 6A microstepping drive. Also available is the new DMC-31xxx option which features a 16-bit ADC and sinusoidal encoder input option.
Galil’s DMC-40x0 Accelera and DMC-41x3 Econo Ethernet motion controllers are now available with additional multi-axis servo and stepper drive options. The AMP-43540 4-axis 600W brushless sine drive is now available in a 2-axis model as the AMP-43520, and the SDM-44040 4-axis stepper drive is available with 2-axis as the SDM-44020. The new 2-axis drive options provide additional cost savings for OEM applications.
Bringing high performance and low cost to the plasma cutting industry, Galil and Dynatorch make a powerful team
Every so often, Galil is given the opportunity to support an application that can truly change the life of others. This last spring, Galil was contacted by a group of students from the University of Wisconsin asking for us to help them create SPOT.
SPOT, which stands for “Standing Paraplegic Omni-directional Transport” is a project aimed to help Dr. Garret Cuppels, a 37-year-old orthopedic surgeon, return to the emergency room after a tragic fall in 2010 that damaged the thoracic region of his spine and left him paralyzed from the waist down.
Since the SPOT device is to be used in the emergency room it had a specific set of requirements that other standard wheel chairs could not satisfy:
- Galil's Two Day In-house Product Workshop Returns!
- Galil now has a new sales manager
- Using the Galil C Library with National Instruments LabVIEW
- AMP-43740 now available in DMC-41x3 Econo Series controllers!
- Asphire Customer Story
- Galil Design Kit Tuner Tool Enhancements
- New AMP-435x7 all in one multi-axis drive
- New gcaps Remote Connect
- New GDK Software Tool - MotorSizer
- Closed Loop Stepper PartNumberGenerator option
- Galil 2-day Live Training Coming in September 2020
- What's New in GDK
- New GDK Step by Step Video now available
- Application Note: Using Notch Filters to Mitigate Resonance
- EDD EtherCAT Slave adds TwinCAT Support
- Welcome New PNW Distributor-Dymaxis
- Galil 2-day Live Training Coming in June and October 2019