The RIO-471xx is a compact PLC with Ethernet that is smart, easy-to-use and cost-effective. The RIO contains a fast RISC processor for handling I/O logic and is programmed using Galil's intuitive command language or using Galil's Ladder Interface software.
Each RIO unit is self-contained with numerous analog and digital I/O including: 8 analog inputs, 8 analog outputs, 16 optically isolated inputs, 8 highpower isolated outputs and 8 low-power isolated outputs. The RIO-4710x provides 0-5V analog I/O and the RIO-4712x provides configurable +/-10V, +/-5V, 0-5V, or 0-10V analog I/O. The RIO can be configured to operate as a Modbus TCP master or slave, and multiple RIO units can be distributed on an Ethernet network allowing I/O expansion.
The RIO-471x0 contains 200 lines of program space, 126 variables, 400 array elements, 2 PID loops, and 3 Ethernet handles. The RIO-471x2 has expanded memory containing 400 lines of program space, 254 variables, 1000 array elements, 6 PID loops, and 5 Ethernet handles.
The RIO-47142 model has an internal switch with two Ethernet ports which allow daisy chaining of RIO units without an external switch. It can also easily communicate with other devices including Galil's DMC-40x0, DMC-41x3 and DMC-30000 Ethernet motion controllers.
The RIO-47162 model has more I/O than any of the previously offered RIO-471xx models with D-Sub breakouts and two Ethernet ports. The RIO-47162 has 40 optically isolated Digital Inputs and 24 Digital Outputs for a total of 64 digital I/O. In addition, the RIO-47162 has 8 Analog Inputs and 8 Analog Outputs (16 bit ADC/DAC option available - 12 bit standard.)
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) that is smart, compact and cost-effective
- (1) 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port (2 with RIO-47142 and RIO-47162) and (1) RS232 port up to 115/19.2 kbaud.
- ModBus/TCP master or slave
- Lots of I/O - Model comparison
- 8 analog inputs
- 8 analog outputs
- 16 - 40* optically isolated inputs (40 available only on RIO-47162)
- 16 optically isolated outputs
- 24* 300 mA Sourcing Digital Outputs (Available only on RIO-47162 )
- Analog PID Process Control Loops
- Multitasking for concurrent execution of up to four application programs.
- LED indicators for all digital I/O points
- Contains RISC processor and memory for programming I/O events
- Easy-to-use, 2-letter Galil programming language
- Expanded variables, memory and control loops for RIO-471x2
- Web interface and email capability for sending messages
- Powered by Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) or external 18-36V DC input
- RIO-471xx: 3.88" x 4.26" x 1.30"; Metal Enclosure
- D-type connectors
- Interface to RTD or Thermocouple temperature sensors with SCB-48x06
- Galil's Ladder Interface Software is available for converting Relay Ladder Logic programs into deterministic code
- Custom hardware and firmware options available
Use the Part Number Generator to help configure and price a system.
|Part Number||Description||1 pc||100 pc|
|RIO-47100||Remote I/O Controller with 0-5V analog||$335||$225|
|RIO-47120||Remote I/O Controller with +/-10V analog||$390||$280|
|RIO-47142||Two Ethernet ports. No Power-Over-Ethernet. Expanded Memory. Bipolar analog I/O||$470||$340|
|RIO-47162||Two Ethernet ports. No Power-Over-Ethernet. Expanded Memory. Bipolar analog I/O. Extra Digital I/O.||$555||$404|
|GDK | Galil Design Kit||Application development, servo tuning, analysis, and backup.|
|gclib | Galil APIs||Tools for communications and Software Developers|
|LADDER INTERFACE SOFTWARE||Ladder Logic Interface software for the RIO Pocket PLC|
|PS-2.50-24||60 Watt Power Supply (2.5Amps at 24V)|
|CABLE-26M-1M||26-pin HD male D to discrete wires-1 meter|
|CABLE-44M-1M||44-pin HD male D to discrete wires-1 meter|
|CABLE-44M-2M||44-pin HD male D to discrete wires-2 meter|
|CABLE-9-PIN-D||RS232 female to female straight through cable|
|ICS-48026-M||26-pin D HD male to screw terminals|
|ICS-48044-M||44-pin D HD male to screw terminals|
|SCB-48206||Signal conditioning board for RTDs|
|SCB-48306||Signal conditioning board for K thermocouples with screw terminals|
|SCB-48316||Signal conditioning board for K thermocouples with thermocouple terminal|