The EDD-3701x is Galil’s EtherCAT single axis smart drive. This device is a motor amplifier that operates in an EtherCAT distributed system. These devices have a daisy chain topology using standard CAT5 Ethernet cables. The EDD-3701x can interface with Galil masters (DMC-500x0 and DMC-52xx0) for sophisticated applications.
EtherCAT drives can be connected over large distances on an entire factory floor, allowing the motor wiring to be localized. The EtherCAT protocol has true deterministic control of its Ethernet packet.
For most EtherCAT systems the process to get a system up and running is not user-friendly and has a steep learning curve. Galil has simplified the setup process which leads to fast and easy system integration. Using Galil’s EtherCAT masters and drives is as easy as using Galil’s standard digital motion controllers.
The configuration of the EDD-3701x is done using the Galil’s GDK software. Simply connect to a PC via EDD-3701x’s USB port, follow the GDK configuration tool process, and start moving motors.
The EDD-3701x series has the ability to control brushed, brushless, steppers, and microstepping motors. Each drive not only can control a motor, but also has 8 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, 2 analog inputs, and 2 analog outputs. All I/O information from these drives are accessible by the EtherCAT master.
- Single-axis EtherCAT drive with optional servo or stepper motor drive in compact enclosure:
- EDD-37012 —3 Phase Brushed/brushless sine drive; 10 A cont., 15 A peak, 20-80 VDC
- EDD-37016—Stepper drive; 1.4 A/phase, 12-30 VDC
- EDD-37017—Microstep drive; 6 A/phase, 20-80 VDC and 2 Phase Brushless sine drive; 10 A cont., 15 A peak,20-80 VDC
- Cyclic Synchronous Position mode (CSP) and Cyclic Synchronous Torque mode (CST)
- Two daisy-chainable EtherCAT ports:
- One USB port (used for configuration).
- Encoder feedback up to 15 MHz. Quadrature standard; Main and auxiliary encoder inputs
- PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, integration limits, notch filter and lowpass filter
- Optically isolated forward and reverse limit inputs and homing input
- 8 uncommitted, isolated digital inputs and 4 digital isolated outputs
- High speed position latch and output compare (pulse on position)
- 2 uncommitted analog inputs and 1 analog output
- 16-bit analog input option available
- Dimensions: - EDD-37012/37016/37017-BOX: 3.9"×5.0×1.5"
- Custom hardware and firmware options available
Use the Part Number Generator to help configure and price a system.
|Part Number||Description||1 pc||100 pc|
|EDD-37012||EtherCAT 800W brush/3 phase brushless sine drive; 20-80 VDC||$780||$500|
|EDD-37016||EtherCAT stepper drive; 1.4 A/phase; Full,Half,1/4, and 1/16 step; 12-30 VDC||$735||$465|
|EDD-37017||EtherCAT microstepping drive; 6 A/phase; 20-80 VDC||$840||$535|
|EDD-37017(2PB)||EtherCAT 800W 2-Phase brushless sine drive; 20-80 VDC||$800||$510|
|16BIT||16-bit ADC for Analog Inputs||$60||$60|
|ISCNTL||Isolation of controller power from amplifier||$0||$0|
|HSRC||Sourcing Digital Outputs(500 mA, 12-24V)||$25||$18|
|4-20mA||All analog inputs converted to 4-20mA analog inputs||$20||$20|
|TRES||Adds 120 Ohm Termination Resistor to Main and Aux Encoder Inputs. Single Ended Encoders will not work with this option.||$25||$25|
|HALLF||Filtered Hall Sensor Inputs||$0||$0|
|GDK | Galil Design Kit||Application development, servo tuning, analysis, and backup.|
|PSR-12-24||12A-24 VDC Power supply|
|PSR-6-48||6A-48 VDC Power Supply|
|PSR-30-24||30A-24 VDC Power Supply|
|PSR-15-48||15A-48 VDC Power Supply|
|CABLE-15-1M||15-pin HD male D to discrete wires-1 meter|
|CABLE-15-2M||15-pin HD male D to discrete wires-2 meter|
|CABLE-44M-1M||44-pin HD male D to discrete wires-1 meter|
|CABLE-44M-2M||44-pin HD male D to discrete wires-2 meter|
|ICS-48015-M||15-pin D HD male to screw term|
|ICS-48044-M||44-pin D HD male to screw terminals|