The DMC-18x6 motion controller is part of the family, Galil's highest performance PCI bus motion controller. It belongs to Galil's latest generation motion controller family: the DMC-40x0 Series, which accepts encoder inputs up to 22 MHz, provides servo update rates as high as 32 kHz, and processes commands as fast as 40 microseconds-10 times the speed of prior generation controllers.
The DMC-18x6 is a full-featured, PCI motion controller card. The DMC-18x6 is available in one through eight-axis formats, and each axis is user-configurable for stepper or servo motor operation. With a powerful RISC processor, the DMC-18x6 controllers provide such advanced features as PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, program memory with multitasking for simultaneously running eight applications programs, optically isolated digital I/O, and uncomitted analog inputs. Modes of motion include point-to-point positioning, position tracking, jogging, linear and circular interpolation, contouring, electronic gearing and ecam.
Like all Galil controllers, programming the DMC-18x6 is simplified with two-letter, intuitive commands and a full set of software tools such as GDK for servo tuning and analysis.
- PCI card in 1 through 8 axis versions: DMC-18x6 where x=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 axes
- User-configurable for stepper or servo motors on any combination of axes
- Accepts up to 22 MHz encoder frequencies for servos and outputs up to 6MHz for steppers
- Sample times as low as 31 microseconds per axis; Ultra-fast command processing.
- Advanced PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, integration limits, notch filter and low-pass filter
- Modes of motion include jogging, point-to-point positioning, position tracking, contouring, linear and circular interpolation, electronic gearing and ECAM. Ellipse scaling, slow-down around corners, infinite segment feed and feedrate override
- Multitasking for concurrent execution of up to eight application programs.
- Expanded, non-volatile memory for application programs, variables and arrays
- Dual encoders for every servo axis
- Optically isolated home input and forward and reverse limits accepted for every axis
- 8 isolated, uncommitted inputs and 8 outputs for 1- through 4-axes models, 24 inputs and 16 outputs for 5- through 8-axis models
- Expansion for 64 I/O with optional DB-14064
- 8 uncomitted analog inputs
- High speed position latch and output compare
- 2nd FIFO for instant access to status and parameters
- High-density shielded cables and optical isolation for noise immunity.
- Connects directly to AMP-19540 4-axis drive for cost-effective, multi-axis controller/drive solution. Drives brush or brushless servos up to 500 Watts each. Or, connect to external drives of any power range using ICM-2900 interconnect module
- Communication drivers for Windows, QNX, and Linux
- Custom hardware and firmware options available
|Part Number||Description||1 pc||100 pc|
|DMC-1816||PCI 1-axis Accelera||$1230||$895|
|DMC-1826||PCI 2-axis Accelera||$1675||$980|
|DMC-1836||PCI 3-axis Accelera||$2125||$1050|
|DMC-1846||PCI 4-axis Accelera||$2460||$1115|
|DMC-1856||PCI 5-axis Accelera||$2920||$1515|
|DMC-1866||PCI 6-axis Accelera||$3140||$1600|
|DMC-1876||PCI 7-axis Accelera||$3355||$1715|
|DMC-1886||PCI 8-axis Accelera||$3545||$1795|
|DB-28040||Digital and Analog I/O Board||$310||$205|
|16BIT||16-bit analog to digital converter||$110||$70|
|GDK | Galil Design Kit||Application development, servo tuning, analysis, and backup.|
|gclib | Galil APIs||Tools for communications and Software Developers|
|BLM-N23-50-1000-B||Nema 23 Brushless Motor with 1000-line encoder|
|CABLE-100-1M||100-pin cable 1 meter|
|CABLE-100-2M||100-pin cable 2 meter|
|CABLE-100-4M||100-pin cable 4 meter|
|CABLE-26-25||26-pin to 25 pin (aux enc)|
|CB-50-100||50-pin to 100-pin (for 5 thru 8 axes)|
|CB-50-80||50-pin to 80-pin (for DB-14064)|
|ICM-1900||Interconnect for 4 axis|
|ICM-1900-OPTO||ICM with isolated outputs|
|ICM-2900||Interconnect for 4 axis|
|ICM-2900-FL||ICM with flange mount|
|ICM-2900-FL-OPTO||ICM with opto & flange|