Galil publishes a free, quarterly newsletter full of the latest news and helpful information about new products and applications, as well as in-depth technical articles on motion control. Register now to receive your free copy via e-mail. For your pleasure and great information about Galil, feel free to browse through past issues of ServoTrends described below.
Galil is proud to introduce a new “all in one” multi-axis drive for the DMC-41x3 and DMC-40x0 product families. This all in one drive module is perfect for customers who want have the ability to use one configuration in multiple applications or mix and match motors on the same bank of drives. This drive is available in 2 and 4 axis configurations.
Monitoring and troubleshooting real time motion control systems can be tricky in high performance applications where the majority of PC and controller resources are dedicated to running the application. Adding on an extra layer of monitoring software can have a non negligible effect on the overall system performance and can in some instances eliminate or worsen the behavior you're looking to monitor. The ability to remotely monitor communications and status in real time from a separate PC is invaluable in these situations. Enter gcaps Remote Connect!
Introducing the latest addition to Galil's software suite, the MotorSizer tool. This powerful tool offers a straightforward method of selecting the proper motors for a particular application with the same ease of use GDK is known for. The tool asks for various application details such as load mass and top speed, then provides a list of motors carried by your local Galil distributor with the appropriate motors highlighted. You can use this list to narrow down your search for motors and contact your distributor for more details.
Stepper motors are employed in a variety of applications across the engineering spectrum because they are inexpensive, simple to operate, and offer high torque at low speeds. The primary drawbacks of stepper motors are lack of position feedback and stalls; the user assumes that the stepper 'got there.' The addition of an encoder to the system can mitigate these drawbacks but at the cost of increased move and settle time. Galil's new Closed Loop Stepper Firmware overcomes these drawbacks while keeping move and settle times low. The result is precise motion and positioning with the low speed/high torque benefits of a stepper motor.
- New AMP-435x7 all in one multi-axis drive
- New gcaps Remote Connect
- New GDK Software Tool - MotorSizer
- Closed Loop Stepper PartNumberGenerator option
- Galil 2-day Live Training Coming in September 2020
- What's New in GDK
- New GDK Step by Step Video now available
- Application Note: Using Notch Filters to Mitigate Resonance
- EDD EtherCAT Slave adds TwinCAT Support
- Welcome New PNW Distributor-Dymaxis
- Galil 2-day Live Training Coming in June and October 2019
- New RIO-47162 Pocket PLC Has 64 Digital and 16 Analog I/O, and Two Ethernet Ports
- Galil Design Kit Videos Now Available
- Customer Story: Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT)
- Galil 2-day Live Training Coming in February 2019