Galil publishes a free, quarterly newsletter full of the latest news and helpful information about new products and applications, as well as in-depth technical articles on motion control. Register now to receive your free copy via e-mail. For your pleasure and great information about Galil, feel free to browse through past issues of ServoTrends described below.
Joining the growing family of drive options for the DMC-30000 Pocket Motion Controller Series is the new DMC-30016 Stepper Drive. The DMC-30016 is a single axis motion controller combined with a 1.4A, 30V stepper drive in a cost-effective, compact package.
The DMC-30016 drive operates a two-phase bipolar stepper motor in full-step, half-step, 1/4 step or 1/16 step. It is user configurable from 0.5A to 1.4A per phase in 10mA increments at 12-30VDC. The dimensions of the DMC-30016 controller and drive package are 3.9” x 5.0” x 1.5”, and no external heatsink is required.
Figure 1: Artist's Rendering of the Thirty Meter Telescope
Galil has a decades long history of collaboration with projects on the cutting edge of science. Astronomy, Physics, Biology, and Geology are some of the many fields of scientific research that call on the need for deterministic motion control and data collection. The ease of use and support offered by Galil makes it a natural fit for the rapid prototyping and automation that is characteristic of large scale scientific research.
On the market for five years, Galil’s RIO Pocket PLC provides a cost-effective, compact and intelligent solution for programmable I/O control. Standard features of the RIO-47xxx series include 32 digital and 16 analog I/O, program memory with multitasking, PID process control loops, timers, counters, web interface, email alerts, datalogging, Ethernet and RS232 ports.
Galil is proud to welcome a new distributor in the Pacific Northwest, Dymaxis Inc. Dymaxis is now the only authorized distributor in OR and WA. Dymaxis' co-founders Tim Loose and Max Sutlin have been working with Galil products for 20+ years and bring a wealth of Galil knowledge as well as territory knowledge.
- Galil's Two Day In-house Product Workshop Returns!
- Galil now has a new sales manager
- Using the Galil C Library with National Instruments LabVIEW
- AMP-43740 now available in DMC-41x3 Econo Series controllers!
- Asphire Customer Story
- Galil Design Kit Tuner Tool Enhancements
- New AMP-435x7 all in one multi-axis drive
- New gcaps Remote Connect
- New GDK Software Tool - MotorSizer
- Closed Loop Stepper PartNumberGenerator option
- Galil 2-day Live Training Coming in September 2020
- What's New in GDK
- New GDK Step by Step Video now available
- Application Note: Using Notch Filters to Mitigate Resonance
- EDD EtherCAT Slave adds TwinCAT Support
- Welcome New PNW Distributor-Dymaxis
- Galil 2-day Live Training Coming in June and October 2019