The CDS-3310 is a single-axis controller and drive system for precisely controlling a brush or brushless servo motor. It combines a high-performance, programmable motion controller with a 500W PWM drive in a compact, cost-effective package. The CDS-3310 provides a 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port and up to eight individual CDS-3310 units may be connected on a distributed network and programmed as a single controller. The communication burden is minimized because the host PC only has to talk with the master CDS-3310, which in turn communicates with the other CDS-3310 on the network.
The CDS-3310 incorporates a 32-bit microcomputer and provides such advanced features as PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, program memory with multitasking for simultaneously running up to eight programs, and uncommitted I/O for synchronizing motion with external events. Modes of motion include point-to-point positioning, jogging, contouring, electronic gearing and ECAM.
Like all Galil controllers, CDS-3310 programming is simplified with two-letter, intuitive commands and a full set of software tools for servo tuning and analysis.
- For new applications, Galil recommends the new generation DMC-3x01x series single-axis controllers.
- 1-axis motion controller with on-board PWM drive for brush or brushless servo motor; 18-72V input, 7A cont. drive
- Ethernet 10/100 Base-T and (1) 19.2kb RS232 port; USB option
- Distributed control allows connection of up to 8 CDS-3310 units on an Ethernet network
- Ethernet supports multiple masters and multiple slaves. TCP/IP, UDP and ModBus TCP master protocol for communication with I/O devices
- Accepts encoder feedback up to 12 MHz
- PID compensation with velocity and accceleration feedforward, integration limits, notch filter and low-pass filter
- Modes of motion: jogging, point-to-point positioning, contouring, electronic gearing and ECAM
- Multitasking for concurrent execution of up to eight application programs
- Non-volatile memory for application programs, variables and arrays
- Dual encoder, home input and forward and reverse limits
- 8 TTL uncommitted inputs and 10 TTL outputs
- 2 uncommitted analog inputs (0-5V) and 1 analog output (+/-10V)
- Add 8 analog inputs and 40 digital I/O with optional DB-28040
- Brake drive output 24V, 0.5A
- High speed position latch and output compare
- Small size: 5.15" x 8.25" metal enclosure; DIN-Rail mount clip available
- ICM-3300 interconnect module provides screw terminals and optical isolation of I/O
- On-board DC-to-DC converter for single 18V to 72V DC input
- Communication drivers for Windows, QNX, and Linux
- Custom hardware and firmware options available
|Part Number||Description||1 pc||100 pc|
|CDS-3310||Ethernet 1-axis w/ 500W servo drive||$940||$640|
|DB-28040||Digital and Analog I/O Board||$310||$205|
|DB-28040-5V||I/O Board with 5V outputs||$310||$205|
|ICM-3300||Interconnect module for CDS-3310||$250||$150|
|SR-19900||shunt regulator for CDS-3310||$79||$42|
|CABLE-15-1M||15-pin HD male D to discrete wires-1 meter|
|CABLE-15-2M||15-pin HD male D to discrete wires-2 meter|
|-16 Bit ADC for DB-28040||16-bit analog-to-digital|