Galil Design Kit
The Galil Design Kit (GDK) is Galil Motion Control's application development environment for Galil motion controllers and PLCs.
GDK's modular design allows communication with one or many controllers with a set of tools designed to aid in all stages of a Galil application.
See the release notes page for details on the newest version.
Choose your preferred platform for detailed setup instructions.
The GDK installer will automatically configure the default firewall.
GDK is licensed under the Galil Closed Source License.
GDK is based in part on the work of the Qwt project.
- Terminal - Send commands to hardware
- Editor - Edit DMC programs
- Viewer - Concise views of key values
- Setup - Manage hardware memory
- Tests - Algorithms and Diagnostics
- Motor Sizer - Find a motor to suit your application
- Scope *Pro - Plot data vs. time
- Plotter *Pro - Plot data in coordinate system
- Tuning & System Evaluation *Pro - Tune and evaluate feedback loops
- EtherCAT - Configure the EDD-37000
- Step-By-Step - Interactive Tutorials
*Pro Some tools require a license key.
To automate frequently used operations, GDK provides macros.
GDK supports Galil Connect to control hardware remotely.
Galil provides several walkthroughs to help users learn how to use GDK.